Sticky Writes

Reflections on sticky rice & mango, elephants, our journey from Texas to Thailand, and God's daily mercies. Written by Becky Bronson...short-term missionaries to Bangkok and Nong Khai, Thailand.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Houston? Rogers That.






Did I say I was glad to be back in Dallas? Our "home" without a home so to speak? Well, when we returned from our 6-week stint away, we left again - this time to see Matt, my little brother, get inducted into his medical school in Houston! Wow! I am so proud of him and it was great to see him and my parents and sister (who also just finished taking the Texas Bar Exam and just graduated from Law School at UT - did I mention my siblings are smart?) who all attended and drove to Houston for the night. Houston reminds me much of Bangkok - hot, humid, boggly, and mosquitoey mostly ALL the time. I like to make up my own words (e.g. mosquitoey). However, the trip was a big one for us because I had to say my first big goodbye - to my brother. It does not yet seem real that I won't get to see him or talk to him whenever I want. I was thankful to have the opportunity to get to see him before we left and before school gets really busy for him.

The same morning we left for Houston, we also welcomed Sgt. Mike Leeman back from Iraq after he has been there serving in the army for over a year! We are so proud of him and are excited for him to start Officer Candidate School in Georgia soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home